· Think about classrooms you like to be in—
o Why do you like to be there?
o What are the characteristics of that classroom?
o What makes that room different from other classes?
· Think about classrooms you don’t like to be in-
o Why don’t you like to be there?
o What are the qualities that are not so great?
o What would make the class better?
o Are names and knowing people’s names important to you? Why or why not?
o How fast do you think teachers should learn their students’ names?
o How does it make you feel when people do know your name?
§ Follow up: How does it feel when they don't?
· Outside interests and conversations--- Getting personal----rapport
o What makes your feel connected to students/teachers in a classroom?
o What makes you feel comfortable sharing things with a teacher? What would you share or not share?
o What do like to learn about your teacher?
· Creating a Safe space (use of language)
o What does safe classroom feel like? Look like?
o Do you feel safe in class? Emotionally? Physically?
o Are there any classes that you feel comfortable taking risks?
o How do teachers make you feel safe and comfortable?
· Outside resources--- parents, teachers, students---- creating community outside the classroom
o How can your class connect to the outside world?
o When do you feel involved in your class?
o How do you feel when your parents are involved with your school?